Quick cooking for diabetes : Cooking fresh peas : Non veg cooking recipes.
Quick Cooking For Diabetes
- A disorder of the metabolism causing excessive thirst and the production of large amounts of urine
- (diabetic) someone who has diabetes
- Diabetes mellitus, often simply referred to as diabetes—is a group of metabolic diseases in which a person has high blood sugar, either because the body does not produce enough insulin, or because cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced.
- a polygenic disease characterized by abnormally high glucose levels in the blood; any of several metabolic disorders marked by excessive urination and persistent thirst
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- The practice or skill of preparing food
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- accomplished rapidly and without delay; "was quick to make friends"; "his quick reaction prevented an accident"; "hoped for a speedy resolution of the problem"; "a speedy recovery"; "he has a right to a speedy trial"
- promptly: with little or no delay; "the rescue squad arrived promptly"; "come here, quick!"
- any area of the body that is highly sensitive to pain (as the flesh underneath the skin or a fingernail or toenail)
- At a fast rate; quickly
California Potato Peeler Massacre...
I might have mentioned this before (NO! not the fact that I <3 the DC), I am clumsy as can be! Bella Swan got NOTHING on me! People always comment (and I have myself) how ironic it is that God would give me diabetes where I have to handle needles all day. He obviously has a sense of humor...
So anyways. It was my turn to cook dinner last night and I was peeling potatoes. All went well until I got down to the last potato to be peeled. It was small and completely round and the whole time I kept thinking "uh oh"....to make matters worse the potato peeler I used only worked well right handed....I'm a lefty (the majority of the time but that's a different story) so I felt "unstable" as it is.
I was just about to peel of the very last bit of peel when....*SQUIRT*
It was crazy! But like a true diabetic my first thought was not "get a paper towel" or even "oh crapola" nope! My first reaction was "of course!" and then "somebody get me my meter!!! QUICK!" Hey, the slice saved me a finger prick (and actually caught a low!! LOL)!
(Above pic was taken AFTER I had tested and wiped my finger like 4 times with a paper towel. I put a bandaid featuring a studly Buzz Lightyear on it after.
Oh, btw I would have posted this sooner but after that California Potato Peeler Massacre, dinner, romantic walk with the dog (where I met 3 girls and we ended up talking about DC shows until it got dark LOL), we watched The Lovely Bones and then it was too late and I didn't feel like posting anymore LOL
Well, there went another day in the exciting life of lil diabetic me :)
Yay for: people that love the DC
Yay for: Buzz Lightyear bandaids....I love me some bandaids with studmuffins on them (maybe I can petition to have some David Henrie ones made....WHAT? I didn't say that!)
Yay for: movie nights
So tell me, what is your first thought when you hurt yourself and you see blood?
December 6 2007 day 56 - So much to do, so little time
I'm still getting used to living with diabetes. I have to learn to budget time for things like infusion set changes, reservoir fill-ups, bg checks... I had to change infusion sets today. By the time I was done, I was starving. Off to the kitchen I went, and started working on a quick dinner recipe. Normally, I'd be wearing casuals (cooking with a formal white shirt is not a good idea), and be done with dinner by 8 pm. Not today. Time is a subtle casualty of this disease.
There is no cure for diabetes, yet.
cooking schools virginia
italian cooking course sydney
cooking times for steak
spanish cooking games
low calorie indian cooking
cedar planks cooking
cooking fun games
cooking team names
moist cooking methods
tv cooking competitions